Thursday, July 8, 2010

Half Year Resolution ...

I am astounded that half of the year has gone by. It really is July and I have been a busy bee over the past several months. I have set a new calendar reminder to nudge me along in writing here more often. I guess that is my half year resolution ....

In 10 short days, I will be standing on a stage in Nashville, Tennessee, with my fellow members of the Houston Bronze Ensemble. We will be ringing a Showcase Concert for AGEHR Pinnacle 2010. For me, as a handbell musician, this may just be the PINNACLE of my handbell career to this date. And I cannot wait ... I am anxious to see friends that I met in Tucson last summer. I am anxious to ring challenging music to an audience of my peers. I am anxious to stand tall as the last note descends upon the crowd, the applause begins, and the biggest smile EVER appears on this humble red-head. We have two more rehearsals before headed out for Nashville. I feel very secure in the music and am proud to say that I have a great deal of it memorized.

I remember my first rehearsal with Houston Bronze Ensemble. I was intimidated beyond belief and barely uttered a sound during rehearsal. I just had to keep telling myself ... I auditioned and THEY said yes. Hopefully they saw everything that I feel in my heart.

Haven't done much solo ringing over the past few weeks as I have been knee-deep in Pinnacle preparation and getting things ready for Chime Camp and Fall Ringing season at church. Was thinking of working on Simple Gifts (Bell Tree Solor) for Thanksgiving. Also wanna work more on 6iH technique...

On a related side note ... have been working on a handbell piece of my own. And have also commissioned a piece in honor of my dear twin daughters, Madisyn & Mackenzie. This year is the 10 year anniversary of Mackenzie's passing ...

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing you perform at Pinnacle, too, Meredith! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I going to Pinnacle but I'll hear all about it from the director afterwards. You can send me text up-dates :)

    ReplyDelete